PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting capture time for India

sargenta1
March 30th, 2012, 05:54 AM
India Standard Time is offset by 30 minutes relative to other time zones (so it is +9.5 hours for me relative to US EDT. Lightroom appears to not be able to handle that. It seems like a strange omission. Am I missing something, or is this a feature missing in LR?
If it is a missing feature, how do I make that request of Adobe?
I just shot a whole bunch of pictures in India, and forgot to reset my time. I know there are some workarounds, but it just seems like LR ought to be able to handle this.

JulieM
March 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Hi Andy,

Try this with a couple images to see if it works:

Select the images in Grid view.

Go to Metadata>Edit Capture Time

Select the option to "Adjust to a Specified Date & Time"

Change the "Corrected Time" by 1/2 hour

Choose "Change All"

Note: While the option "Adjust to a Specified Date & Time" makes it sound as if it is going to apply the exact same time to all the selected images, it actually changes all the selected images by the same increment. This must be done in grid view.

sargenta1
March 30th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks Julie! I did try that, and it does adjust correctly. It just seems like LR ought to have the timezone adjustments for all the timezones in the world...

TonyW
March 30th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Yes Lightroom does tend to be a bit US-centric because 1/2 hr time zone offsets are pretty common outside the US - we even have one in Canada. Gets complicated though because if you include 30 mins then you have to have the 45 min ones (eg Nepal).

Tony