PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Z1012

FalconG
August 19th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hi I have trouble with this camera video and premiere elements 9.After I insert video to Adobe premiere the Premiere detect 30fps . That is allright , but after I compile to DVD (25fps) the video is halting :-(
can you help me ?

ATR
August 19th, 2011, 01:41 PM
FalconG

I am assuming that your source media is 1280 x 720 at 30 progressive frames per second (MPEG-4 video compression with a .mov file extension) and that you want to burn that Timeline to PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen which comes with a 25 interlaced frames per second.

Let us look at your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 workflow:

1. Do you have the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update installed? If not, please do so. It can be accessed from the program's Help Menu/Update or online from Adobe.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1?

2. What are you setting as your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project preset (new project dialog)? If you have not already, look at
NTSC
HDV HDV 720p30
The project preset should match the properties of your source media.

When you go to import your video into the Timeline, using that project preset, do you get a message from the program asking permission to change settings? If so, to what (if that happens, say YES, and then look under Edit Menu/Project Settings to see what the new project preset is). However, you should not get any such message. You will probably see a red line over the Timeline content. Press the Enter Key of the computer main keyboard to get the best possible preview of the end product. The red line will turn green when rendering of the Timeline is complete. How does that rendered Timeline play back in the Edit Mode Monitor at this stage? Should be fine.

Next Share/Disc/DVD and, if you want a PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen, then select the preset for this choice. Burn to disc, and playback your DVD-VIDEO on a player that supports it.

I have done a mini test run through to DVD-VIDEO with sample video from your brand and model camera and did not encounter any issues.

Please review the above and then we will be guided by your responses for further troubleshooting if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

Premiere Elements questions should be posted in the Premiere Elements Forum here so that they do not get mixed, lost, or overlooked among the Photoshop Elements ones. For that reason, I have moved your thread here to the Premiere Elements Forum.

FalconG
August 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
In the project I set PAL HDV 720p
can I combine videos from two sources ?

ATR
August 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
FalconG

With high definition there is no NTSC or PAL as in SD footage, but there is the consideration of the frame rate (NTSC 29.97 (30) interlaced frames per seconds and PAL 25 interlaced frames per second. Whereas, PAL and NTSC in the full sense apply to your DVD-VIDEO, they do not to the 1280 x 720 in the same sense as eluded to above.

The project preset (new project dialog) should match the properties of your source media. That establishes the template (space) in the Edit Mode Monitor from which to edit. So, unless you are going to do a frame by frame edit, the frame rate does not much matter. Setting the project preset does not prohibit you from setting another type of export, in your case, PAL DVD Widescreen.

Please go through the drill both ways, make sure you are exporting DVD-VIDEO widescreen, and let us know the results. As I said, I have taken samples from your brand/model camera through your workflow with my Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and have not encountered any video halting. Please detail...by video halting, do you mean spontaneous start and stop and start of the video during playback or does the video quit completely before the end of the video playback? What are you using for the playback? Are there any region issues with this player or does it play "all"?

Right now what you describe does not sound like a slow motion effect induced by the frame rate change...but something else. I am less likely to invoke a video codec issue in your computer environment at this time, but you could look at the gspot readout for your Kodak video to see the Status of the video codec which I believe is MPEG-4 Visual (Codec ID:20?)
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

After all those words, this is what I would like for you to try:
a. NTSC HDV HDV 720p30 project preset and Share/Disc/DVD with a preset for NTSC_widescreen_DolbyDVD.
b. PAL HDV HDV 720p25 project preset and Share/Disc/DVD with a preset of PAL_widescreen_DolbyDVD.
and compare the results from the two.

Did you install the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update and make sure that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed? No protected video involved?

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR

FalconG
August 20th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I have instaled 9,01 and now I install latest upgrade quick time . In the project I have two sources
first is JVC camera with 720p and 25 fps . This video is ok . Next sources is Kamera 1012 with 720p and 30 fps . And this video is in the fast motion chopping :-( .Both videos is PAL a finished video I have PAL

ATR
August 20th, 2011, 04:19 AM
FalconG

For now, just this quick test...

From what you wrote, I am understanding that you see this problem ONLY in the export and not in the playback of the rendered Timeline. If that is not correct, then please let me know.

Assuming that I have understood this correctly, then try this:

a. Right click the Kodak video on the Timeline, select Time Stretch, and in the Time Stretch dialog set the Speed to 105% and have a check mark next to "Maintain Audio Pitch". Export that Timeline to DVD-VIDEO (Share/Disc/DVD using the preset for PAL DVD-VIDEO widescreen.)

b. Repeat "a", but this time set the Time Stretch Speed to 95.7%.

c. See if either "a" or "b" has any affect on what you are seeing in the DVD-VIDEO playback of your Kodak content.

I will be back in a few hours to see your posted results.

Thanks.

ATR

What is your player for the DVD-VIDEO? Does increasing or decreasing the speed of your player have any affect on the playback problems that you are having with the Kodak footage on the DVD-VIDEO?

FalconG
August 21st, 2011, 02:37 PM
I install last version of quicktime,I try create project also source NTSC 720p and destination PAL DVD 25p ... but all not affect . I mean that preimere have trouble with conversion from 30 frames to 25...

ATR
August 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM
FalconG

I am not clear on your report...

Did you do the tests described where you used Time Stretch (slowing/speeding up) on the Kodak file on the Timeline before the export to your PAL DVD Widescreen export?

And if you did, are you saying that none of those tries had any influence on the results, better or worse?

ATR

ATR
September 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Falcon G

To recap your issue:

You have video from a JVC camcorder 720p25 and video from a KodakZ1012 720p30 and you want to export them to PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen 25 fps on a DVD disc. But, in the "fast motion" portion of the 720p30 you are getting halting/chopping playback in the DVD-VIDEO format on the DVD disc.

The first thing that I did was to find and download an online KodakZ1012 sample video (720p30). I did not have any problems:
Project Preset = NTSC HDV HDV 720p30 or PAL HDV HDV 720p25 and export via Share/Disc/DVD with the preset of PAL_Widescreen DolbyDVD. The Timeline for this included:
a. original video 720p30 which did not have any slow motion/fast motion applied to it, in camera or on the Timeline after the import.
b. original video 720p30 to which I applied fast motion and panning...yet motion in the DVD-VIDEO playback was smooth.

When I looked at a sample of your actual footage, it presented:
a. MPEG-4.mov file (100_7904.mov), about 5 second in duration
b. scene panning from right to left in fast motion...but it looked like the pan ran out of video before the completion of the pan.

This brought up the question
a. "Was I looking at a pan that took place during the recording of the video (in camera) OR the Kodak MPEG-4.mov file that had been imported into Premiere Elements where the fast motion pan was applied?" The answer to that is probably critical to figuring out what went on in this specific case.

Slow Motion/Fast Motion
If you want "smoother" playback of slow or fast motion, there are at least two major possibilities for this after you assure that your image has enough resolution for the full pan:
a. How you applied the slow motion/fast motion and, if with Time Stretch, the settings:
For smoothness of the motion.
"Advised Slow Motion Speed" sets are given as:
50%, 33.33%, 25%, 20%, 16.67%
"Advised Fast Motion Speed" set are given as:
100%, 200%, 300%, 400%, 500%
What is looked at is the even manner in which the frames are added or removed. And, the decision is based on the speed change percentage. In the case of the 50% speed set, the ratio would be 1:2, reflecting that every one frame ends up as two; 33.33% speed set, the ratio would be 1:3, reflecting that every one frame ends up as three, etc. In the case of 200%, the ratio would be 2:1, reflecting that every 2 frames become 1, etc.

b. Frame Blend...right click the video on the Timeline and put a check mark next to Frame Blend. I need to get more details on this feature...since, in one place it was described as working only when Time Stretch Speed was less than 100% and in another place where it worked when speed was not 100%.

Panning
Keyframe the the Position Property of Properties Palette/Motion Panel. Here start by keyframing two point, the beginning and the end. That should give you a smooth pan.

Of course there is always the frame rate considerations depending on how your fast motion/panning was done.

But after weighing all factors and exploring and experimenting, this is what I would like you to try:

1. At the hard drive save location of the 100_7094.mov file change the file extension of the name.
To: 100_7094.avi

2. Premiere Elements project preset PAL HDV HDV 720p
...Import your 100_7094.avi into the project with the program's Get Media/Files & Folders and drag it to the Timeline
...Go to Project Media area, right click the file there, select Interpret Footage, and set frame rate at 25.
...If your goal is to pan the video there, then keyframe the Position of Properties Properties/Motion Panel/. Forget about Time Stretch "fast motion" for now. If it came "pre-panned", try applying the Frame Blend option by right click the video and putting a check mark next to Frame Blend (checking on further details, since I read that this Frame Blend may work only when Time Stretch Speed less than 100% and in another place where it said not 100%...at this point, try with and without ON.)

3. Then export the Timeline to PAL DVD-VIDEO Widescreen.

Is it possible to re-shoot the whole scene in order to see if this problems happens with all your 720p30 footage from the Kodak or just this one? And, in order to help you further, I am going to need definition on how and when that pan/fast motion (step by step) was applied to that particular video.

I hope that the above helps. When you get time, please update us on your progress.

Thank you.

ATR

FalconG
September 15th, 2011, 04:14 PM
ufff , thank you very much . I must read this slowly :-) Tomorrow I write .

ATR
September 15th, 2011, 04:41 PM
FalconG

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written. If necessary, I will re-write on anything that you do not understand.

I am not having problems with Premiere Elements 9 and the online sample from that Kodak, so we need to find the key for where we are differing.

Is it possible for you to do a new recording from the Kodak to see if the new video acts the same as the one you have?

Thanks for the opportunity to try to help you with this issue.

ATR