PDA

View Full Version : Basic info for Elements Premier 9

drichards
July 28th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Am new to Elements Premier - reading this forum have worked out that one of my problems is that I haven't resized my pictures down to 1000 pixels on the largest edge - so am about to fix that. The music files that I have used are m4a from itunes - reading on the forum only wav. & mp3 are mentioned. The problem I'm having is getting a finished project to burn to a disc or save to the hard drive. Burning to a disc won't complete and causes the computer to shut down. Saving to the hard drive completes - but when I open the file in Windows Media player most of the sound track is missing. Are the m4a music files likely to be part of my problem? Or is it just the picture size?

ATR
July 28th, 2011, 08:23 AM
drichards

Premiere Elements questions should be placed in the Premiere Elements Forum here so that they do not get mixed, lost, or overlooked among the Photoshop Elements ones. For that reason, I have moved your thread here to the Premiere Elements Forum.

You asked:
Are the m4a music files likely to be part of my problem? Or is it just the picture size?
The answers are in the details. So we need to explore the details. The iTunes music needs to be converted to .mp3 or .wav. Photos oversized for the project are the major cause of failures in this type of project. But, there can be many factors involved.

So,

1. What are your source media...just photos that you have resized not to exceed 1000 x 750 pixels or other? For photos, besides pixel dimensions, how many photos? If you have video clips on that Timeline, then what duration, video and audio compressions, frame size/frame rate, file extension are involved? What is the total duration of the Timeline and what did you set for the project preset when you opened the new project?
a. When you have your source media on the Timeline, music included, do you get good play back of it video and audio-wise by playing back the Timeline in the Edit Mode Monitor?

2. When you get to Share/Disc/DVD, what does the burn dialog show in the Quality Area for Space Required and Bitrate when you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"?

3. You wrote:
Saving to the hard drive completes - but when I open the file in Windows Media player most of the sound track is missing.
What does this "Saving" represent? Is this your Timeline export to a file type via Share/Computer/....., and, if so, please fill in the ......and the preset and settings used under the ......

4. Miscellaneous
a. Do you have the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update installed?
b. What do your computer resources look like...available RAM and free hard drive space?
c. If DVD Menu included: what specific menu and how many main menu pages and how many scene menu pages? And to generate them, how many and what kind of Timeline markers have you placed and where?
d. Premiere Elements (any version) does not support protected media so double check to make sure that protected media are not incorporated into your Timeline.

Let us start here. We will directed in our troubleshooting by your answers to all of the above. If you need any supplemental how to for any of the above, do not hesitate to ask.

We look forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR