PDA

View Full Version : compare side by side photos not working

dhalfman
October 3rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hi, I use the side by side feature alot in my work using the F12 key. However, all of a sudden I cannot get the arrow key to move to the next photo. They are not highlighted and nothing happens. Am I missing something very simple??? Even when I go to display, compare photos the same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sepiana
October 3rd, 2010, 06:42 PM
Hi dhalfman,

Someone else reported having problems with the F12 key to display photos side by side. See if the suggestions in the thread below will help you.

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?p=542307

EDIT: I noticed you had already tried going to "Display" and it didn't work. Maybe ATR's suggestion will do the trick.

Tom Cat
October 3rd, 2010, 07:31 PM
I was reading a PDF file the other day about hot keys, and do not know, but maybe it was from the PET Mag site. And I learned a windows hot key for windows 7 or maybe earlier. Windows key+down arrow (Change to small window) Windows key+ Up Arrow(back to full screen) Windows key+left arrow(jump to left of screen when screen is smaller) Windows key + right arrow(to right of screen when screen is smaller) I just checked in going from left to right or right to left do the win key and the arrow key twice. Check it out for yourself. This is for windows 7, do not know about xp or mac

There is so many combinations of hot keys, there is not way to remember them all. We need a cheat sheet near the keyboard. Maybe someone will make us a PDF version we can print!!

Tom

dhalfman
October 3rd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys for the response but no luck. :mad: Time to just walk away and come back later. The toolbar is there, the photos side by side are highlighted in blue as normal. Just the left and right arrows will not respond to go to the previous or next photo. Like it's stuck or froze. Never had this happen before. Thanks anyway.

deannah

dhalfman
October 3rd, 2010, 07:53 PM
I just tried it one more time before "walking away" and the arrows were highlighted! Nope, I don't get it because I pushed nothing unusual. What the heck.....................! Thanks again for the responses.

dhalfman
October 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Ok, I've figured something out that maybe you can answer. When I do NOT select two photos to see side by side but just push the F12 button, the arrows are highlighted. (the first two photos in my organizer come up side by side) When I DO select the two photos I want side by side, this is when the arrow keys do not let me move to the previous or next photo. This has not happened before. Yes, I have shut down the program and started it up again and the same thing happens. Thanks for your time.

deannah