PDA

View Full Version : Dual Monitors

Next stop
February 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Is it possible to split Premiere elements 8.0 between two monitors, and if so how is achieved and what would I need to do this.
any help would be great.

Wendy
February 14th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hi ..

... and welcome to the Village :)

I will transfer your message over to the Premier Elements section :) as I thik you may get more replies if it is in there.

Wendy

ATR
February 14th, 2010, 12:30 PM
NS

If you have two monitors, first step would be to make sure of your connections to the computer and support for them, then, once they are installed, go to Control Panel/Display/Settings and set up each as #1, #2 with the native resolution appropriate for each.

When you actually get into the Premiere Elements 8 workspace, go to and click on the Window Menu at the top of the Premiere Elements 8 interface, select "Show Docking Headers".

Once you do that you can experiment by clicking on dragging on the palette docking header to move a palette to the other monitor. If things get out of control, Window Menu/Restore Workspace comes to the rescue.

If you do not intend to keep both Monitors ON as a routine while running Premiere Elements, you may run into the situation where you cannot find part(s) of your workspace. In that case, you probably moved palette(s) to the second Monitor and left it/them there.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

ATR