PDA

View Full Version : Problems after exporting video

CRD
February 9th, 2010, 10:15 PM
After saving a project and exporting it, I went to the folder where I exported it to and attempted to view it through Media Player. There was no video...only the audio that I added.

What do I need to do?

ATR
February 10th, 2010, 08:14 AM
CRD

Please detail the Share/Personal Computer/ choice of export and the setting that you used under the Advance Button in the dialog for that export.

What version of Media Player do you have? Is it a Windows Media Player?

Thanks.

ATR

BoilermakerU
February 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM
That's ironic, I had the opposite problem. I had video, but no audio! Maybe you have my audio and I have your video? LOL

I am using Windows 7. The output was MPEG2 (used the DVD Widescreen choice, used the defaults for it).

In my case, I impported the file into PE8 anyway, and in PE8, there is audio and video, so I suspect something with Media Player itself, but haven't had time to research it. Just for fun, you might try importing the file into PE and see if your video plays in there. Might give folks an idea of where the problem lies...

Maybe a Media Player codec issue or something?

ATR
February 10th, 2010, 06:42 PM
BoilermakerU

I need for you to get back to your own thread on this one. But since I have a lot to talk to you about in the other thread, I will address the issue that you present here right now. It may also help CRD whose thread you are in.

Apparently, you are exporting your Timeline Share/Personal Computer/MPEG with a Preset = NTSC DVD Widescreen. You say that you are using the defaults under the Advance Button. That probably means that the video codec = MainConcept MPEG Video and the audio codec could be = to Dolby Digital, MPEG, or PCM. Which one?

Better yet download and install the free GOM player and see if that resolves any of the play back problems.
http://www.gomlab.com/eng/
Or even better yet, since your goal for these exports appears to be DVD-VIDEO, instead of Share/Personal Computer/MPEG with that NTSC DVD Widescreen preset, use instead Share/Personal Computer/AVI with the preset of DV NTSC Widescreen with a video codec = DV NTSC and audio codec = uncompressed, Stereo. The MPEG route is getting you a .mpg wrapper, and the AVI route will get you an .avi wrapper. Then determine how the .avi plays back with Windows Media Player as well as the GOM player.

If ever in doubt about codecs, download the free utility named gspot which will give you file information including video audio codecs missing information situation.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/quick_start.html

I will meet you over in your own thread shortly.

CRD...I am looking forward to the details specific to your situation. Problems often present with similar if not the same symptoms, but can have different causes.

ATR

CRD
February 10th, 2010, 10:44 PM
CRD

Please detail the Share/Personal Computer/ choice of export and the setting that you used under the Advance Button in the dialog for that export.

What version of Media Player do you have? Is it a Windows Media Player?

Thanks.

ATR

I have Windows Media Player. Not sure what version...when I go to Properties, it just says "Windows Media Player".

When I exported the video, I chose "Microsoft DV AVI". I was able to export both video and audio. However, when I played the .avi file back in Media Player, there is a red stamp that says "3ivx Trail" over the image and lasts for the duration of the video.

When I choose Uncompressed Microsoft AVI or Microsoft AVI, that is when I get sound but no video.

Thing that is frustrating is that I have already exported several videos without any problems. I haven't knowingly changed any settings...why is the program not cooperating now?

ATR
February 10th, 2010, 11:29 PM
CRD

You never did say what you are putting on the Timeline for export. But,

From your description of the situation, much of it sounds like at some time you may have downloaded the 3ivx Trial codec. Read the following for background information and a possible solution:
http://forums.3ivx.com/index.php?showtopic=86437
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3ivx

Online is full of reports of this sort of watermark and associated horror stories trying to get rid of this watermark associated by the codec.

Please read the information cited, look for the 3ivx Trial codec to see if it is still installed on your computer, and let me know the outcome.

ATR

ATR
February 10th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Add On....

Although I believe the solution is in that 3ivx trial codec business,

a. How did you export all those .avi each time...File Menu/Export/Movies and with what settings for video and audio? Are you working with Premiere Elements 7 or other? And, what is your computer operating system?

ATR

CRD
February 11th, 2010, 12:16 AM
CRD

You never did say what you are putting on the Timeline for export.
ATR

I don't really understand what you are asking me.

The Timeline has video and music.

CRD
February 11th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Add On....

Although I believe the solution is in that 3ivx trial codec business,

a. How did you export all those .avi each time...File Menu/Export/Movies and with what settings for video and audio? Are you working with Premiere Elements 7 or other? And, what is your computer operating system?

ATR

Premiere Elements 7.

Operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium

Exporting procedure:

File
Export
Movie

Video settings:
Compressor - DV NTSC
Color Depth - Millions of Colors
Frame Size - 720x480
Frame rate - 29.97 fps
Pixel Aspect ratio - D1/DV NTSC (0.9)
Quality - High
Recompress - checked

Audio settings:
compressor - uncompressed
Sample rate - 48000 Hz
Sample type - 16-bit
Channels - stereo
interleave -1 second

ATR
February 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM
CRD

The additional questions that I asked were to assist me in trying to figure out an alternative way to get your Timeline exported without the watermark in spite of the 3ivx trial codec (whether it has been deleted and traces remain or is still installed).

Yes, you have video and audio on the Timeline, but it has a format. We need to dig deeper for a description other than video or audio. For video...that comes with a format which includes a compression type in a wrapper, example, DV AVI, MotionJPEG AVI, MPEG4 AVI, and so on. In these examples, DV, MotionJPEG, and MPEG4 are compression types and AVI is the wrapper (package) that houses the compression for the file.

If you do not have this information and if you tell me the brand/model of the camcorder that recorded the video, I will look it up.

Here is another avenue to look at. You have this video on the Timeline, assumed dragged there from the Media Area. Are you dragging it from the Organizer where its thumbnail had been stored from a prior project? What I want you to do is, if the video has been residing in the Organizer, delete the thumbnail, and then bring the video into Premiere Elements Get Media/Files and Folders from its hard drive save location. Then do the File Menu/Export/Movie using Microsoft DV AVI and see if you still have the watermark in the DV AVI produced.

Right now, of prime importance, did you read the links that I provided about 3ivx trial codec, find the 3ivx trial codec on your computer, and/or have any recollection of being told that it was included with the installation of your operating system?

If you have any questions or need clarification on anything that I have written, please let me know.

ATR