PDA

View Full Version : Smartsound Audio Palettes

Geistak
February 7th, 2010, 11:05 PM
Hi - new member, getting to grips with E7 running in Win 7

I have a question about Smartsound Audio Palettes - the older CD based ones.

I can't get a palette to load (or even be recognised) by the SS plugin. I've tried copying files and tracks directly into the relevant SS folders (even tried changing library file extensions in desperation ;) ) but nothing works - SS will recognise all other tracks - but not from the audio palette series.

Any thoughts? - or is this just a no-go?

Apart from that, E7 is working well - using Canon AVCHD files on a Dell 540 Quad with 8GB (although, being a 32 bit program, I assume that it's using less than half the available RAM?)

Thanks for any tips

ATR
February 8th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Geistak

SS will recognise all other tracks - but not from the audio palette series.

Did "all other tracks" get incorporated into the Quicktracks Premiere Elements plugin in the same way that you are trying to incorporate the music from the audio series palette?

That answer may help us to figure this one out.

Depending on your answer, you should contact SmartSound
http://www.smartsound.com/order/customerservice.html
so we can get a baseline on the way to go.

Please let us know the outcome, and we will take it from there.

ATR
Premiere Elements 7 is a 32 bit application and is running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of 64 bit and as such has the limitations of 32 bit. From the point of view of virtual memory, of the 4 GB of addressable memory (virtual memory space, not RAM). it still has 2 GB.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778(VS.85).aspx
But, read about "IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE" for increasing the 2 GB to 4 GB in this case.

Geistak
February 9th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Geistak

Did "all other tracks" get incorporated into the Quicktracks Premiere Elements plugin in the same way that you are trying to incorporate the music from the audio series palette?

That answer may help us to figure this one out.

Depending on your answer, you should contact SmartSound
http://www.smartsound.com/order/customerservice.html
so we can get a baseline on the way to go.

Please let us know the outcome, and we will take it from there.

ATR
Premiere Elements 7 is a 32 bit application and is running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of 64 bit and as such has the limitations of 32 bit. From the point of view of virtual memory, of the 4 GB of addressable memory (virtual memory space, not RAM). it still has 2 GB.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778(VS.85).aspx
But, read about "IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE" for increasing the 2 GB to 4 GB in this case.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I used the same procedure for the audio palette as for the other Smartsound tracks - mounted the ISO file using virtual clone.

The other iso files were instantly recognised, but not the audio palette.

I can only assume that this has something to do with the original file - the others were iso files, while the audio palette is .cue & .bin. The .bin file mounts in Virtual Clone, as per an iso file, but without successful import to Smartsound.

I tried burning the file to CD, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for the memory tips - I will implement the recommendations - although, I have to say that I find EP7 quite fast, both editing & rendering.

ATR
February 9th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Geistak

With regard to the computer memory comments, my feeling is not to mess with a good thing. Use the comments when and if needed.

I have never gone down that path, but there appears to be converters online for bin to iso. Any chance those would work to generate the iso format that may resolve the compatibility issues??

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

Geistak
February 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Geistak

With regard to the computer memory comments, my feeling is not to mess with a good thing. Use the comments when and if needed.

I have never gone down that path, but there appears to be converters online for bin to iso. Any chance those would work to generate the iso format that may resolve the compatibility issues??

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

LOL! - I tend to agree with you - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'....and all that :p

I don't have much to compare the conversion & rendering speeds to - being a newbie with video. I did read another post here about EP8 taking a very long time, so I did a quick 'n' dirty test to see what my own setup was like.

Six minutes of AVCHD, with a few simple transitions, and a Smartsound accompaniment, took about 19 minutes to render to Full HD (and produced a king-size 932 mb file)

I deliberately chose what I assume to be the most demanding output format - so I don't know if 19 minutes is good by general standards, or not?

Re the Smartsound audio palette - I tried converting the .cue & .bin to iso - it converted easily enough, but still wouldn't load like the other iso files.

It's no real biggie (only one palette that I particularly wanted to use) and if it won't work, it won't work. that's life sometimes.

Still not sure *why* it won't work, though.

ATR
February 9th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Geistak

It those "whys" that challenge me so I will continue to think about this SmartSound files and keep a watch for anything that might be an explanation or a lead in this matter.

Any successes with AVCHD in Premiere Elements 7 or 8 are good news, especially if you have "export times" long or short to report rather than crashes frequent or occasional.

Please update on your progress.

ATR