PDA

View Full Version : Help with Syncing Audio with Slideshow

robzzz
January 23rd, 2010, 09:52 AM
I am (trying) to do up a movie for my daughter's wedding in Premiere Elements 8. I have grouped various "slideshows" and want to sync music to each of the clips. Anyone have any idea?

I have imported the media (still pictures) and now imported the song I want to sync to a particular clip and can't figure out have to sync.

Help!

Thanks!

Robin:)

Wendy
January 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hi Robin ....

... and welcome to the Village :)

I think you will get more replies if you message is in the Premiere Elements section .. so I will transfer it over for you.

Wendy

ATR
January 23rd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Robin,

I am not sure what you are after based on your comment:

I have imported the media (still pictures) and now imported the song I want to sync to a particular clip and can't figure out have to sync.

Possibilities:

a. Still pictures next to video on the same video track with same music background in Soundtrack for both still pictures and video (with voices)...your question then being how do I lower the music so that the voices can be heard when the video is running instead of the still pictures?

b. How do I apply still pictures at the beat of the music?

c. How do I create a PiPs effect, with video insert into photo with music background?

Are you OK with dragging your audio to either (a) audio track 1 (b) narration track (c) Soundtrack and positioning it under the still image or video where you want the music heard? There are also audio transitions that can be used. All sorts of possibilities.

Are the grouped slideshows what you are calling videos? Are grouped slideshows what you were referring to when you said
I want to sync to [QUOTE]a particular clip
Does grouped slideshows = particular clip?

Please review my comments and clarify the parts of your workflow that I asked about. If you have any questions about what I have written, do not hesitate to ask so that I can clarify on my side as well.

ATR