PDA

View Full Version : Exploding Title effect

GospelGeezer
January 23rd, 2010, 03:45 AM
I saw a video the other day with what I can only describe as an 'exploding title' effect. The title fades in and then breaks into lots of little particles. It's a great effect!

This has led me to try and replicate in PE7. However, I cannot seem to find any way of doing this.

Can I import new effects and if so where would I find them? I have been looking around but can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Wendy
January 23rd, 2010, 05:33 AM
Hi Steve ...

... and welcome to the Village :)

I guess that you are talking about Premiere Elements and not Photoshop Elements ... so I will transfer your thread over to the Premiere Elements section. I think you will get more replies if it is in there.

Wendy

ATR
January 23rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
Steve

Try this as a candidate for your Premiere Elements 7 exploding text effect:

Go to Edit Tab/Transitions/New Blue 3D Explosion Elements/Confetti

Drag the Confetti transition to the right edge of your Title (text) on the Timeline and place it there so that it is applied to that edge of your Title (text).

Highlight the transition and, with your mouse cursor, drag the left edge transition all the way (right to left) to the beginning of the Title (text) content, that is, have the transition span the entire length of the Title (text).

Also, try the other transition types in that New Blue 3D Explosion Elements category as well as others. Essentially you are using a transition as an effect.

Please let me know how that turns out, and then we will take further about your goals and tools for attaining it.

ATR

Premiere Elements questions should be placed in the Premiere Elements forum here so that they do not get mixed and lost with Photoshop Elements ones.

Little Nac
January 23rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi Steve.
Please excuse me for butting in, but there is a Program out there called Bluff Titler, which will give you the explosion effect. It is a very reasonably priced program and very easy to use. The various effects which can be obtained from this Program are fantastic. Even the backgrounds can be used, and all exported as AVI's. Cool 3D also does it but more expensive (I think) but certainly more complicated.
Off hand I think Bluff Titler is around $30.
Here is the link.
Once again sorry for butting in, but from our experience this is a great little program. :o

http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html

ATR
January 23rd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Little Nac....Not butting in involved. Thanks for the contribution.

GG......I see that the software mentioned offers a try out before purchase. If it looks like something of interest to your workflow, I would encourage try out before purchase for this and all new software to see how they fares in the user's specific computer environment.

ATR

GospelGeezer
January 23rd, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hi Wendy / ATR / Little Nac,

Thanks for the welcome and for the suggestions. I'm seriously impressed with the response to my question - particularly seeing as I posted it in the wrong fourm... D' oh! Sorry I didn't reply a bit earlier, I ended up getting a bit tied up with something.

Anyway, I'm going to look at the software that Little Nac suggested as well as the instructions from ATR. This probably won't get done until early next week now, but I'm very grateful for your help and will certainly let you know how I get on.

I'm quite new to PE7 but need to make lots of videos over the coming months - so I'm sure I'll be frequenting this forum quite regularly!

All the best
Steve

ATR
January 23rd, 2010, 05:22 PM
Steve

Thanks for the follow up.

We will be looking forward to your progress.

ATR

GospelGeezer
January 25th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Here's a quick update on my progress:

The instructions from ATR didn't quite get the effect that I was looking for - but a good suggestion nonetheless! I hadn't even though to use a transition for titles.

I have downloaded the trial version of 'bluff titler'. I must say that I'm really impressed with it, although you only get limited features with the trial and I haven't yet been able to create the exploding text particle effect. However, I think I'll be buying the full version - so thanks for the recommendation!

All the best
Steve

ATR
January 25th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Steve

Thanks for the follow up.

We will be looking forward to learning of your progress with your projects.

ATR

Warren
February 6th, 2010, 09:20 PM
About 10 years ago I got a free of Ulead Cool 3D 2.0 SE included with PC User Mag (June 2000) (it's only 8Mb). For a cutdown free program it is absolutely fantastic - it allows you to do a lot of text morphing and explosions etc.

You may be able to still download version 2 for free

The version is 3.5 which you have to pay US$29.95

ATR
February 7th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Warren,

Thanks for the input on possibilities for exploding text in Premiere Elements.

It is a lead for us to look into with regard to finding free version/try out version plus making sure of its compatibility with Premiere Elements versions.

Thanks again.

ATR