PDA

View Full Version : Starting PE8

Little Nac
January 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hi all, Back again!
Well at last I have finished my PE7 Project and am very happy with the final output.
Now I will be starting a new one in PE8, so will let you all know what I think.
By the way. This is probably for ATR. I know it is not really related to PE7 or 8, but if I am in the wrong thread please forgive me.
We have been at our holiday home for a week, returning home last night.
We have a different SP up there as to who we have here.
Anyway, we had been asking a few questions with regards to Photoshop, and receiving very good answers, and also reading the Elements site each morning and evening.
Anyway, the afternoon before yesterday, we tried to bring up Elements Village, and it came up on our screen that our IP address was banned by the Administrator, and to click on here to contact him, which we did, twice. We waited until the next day, and we kept receiving the same message. We have heard nothing from the Administrator with regards to this problem.
On our arrival home, we had no problem logging in. I even contacted our ISP about it, and they assured me it wasn't on their end.
Can anyone please let me know what is happening. Was there a problem with the site at any time? Unfortunately, not being up there now, I can't check it, but when we go back up, I would like to know that I can log in.
Thanks in advance, and once again I apologize if I am in the wrong section.
Little Nac (Kefford) :confused:

ATR
January 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Little Nac

Welcome back to Premiere Elements Forum. I did notice a few of your family posts in the Photoshop Elements section of Elements Village. That is one great group.

Can I assume that you have different IP addresses at the your different locations? Are the computers that have the banned IP addresses used exclusively by you and Bubby Grub or do you share them in a community?

Keep going the Administrator route until I get back to you. I will see what I can find out.

ATR

Little Nac
January 17th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks again for the help.
Our computers at our holiday home are only used by Margaret and myself. We do not rent out the townhouse and no one else ever uses the computers there.
We are just confused. As you could see, we were using Photoshop Forum with no problems at all. It was just all of a sudden when we called up Elements Village, we could not get in because of the message. As I mentioned, we sent the e-mail and contacted the Administrator twice, but have had no reply.
Our computers up there are with one ISP and our home computers are with another. At home we are on cable, but there is no cable on the island where our townhouse is, only ADSL. I phoned our provider, and they assured me there were no problems on their end.
I'm not quite sure why our IP address has been banned. I don't think we have done anything wrong?
Any help ATR would be appreciated.
Thanks again. :confused:

ATR
January 17th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Little Nac

We should be getting some information on this tomorrow or sooner.

ATR

ricklepage
January 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Little Nac,

I'll send you a private message to see what's going on.

Rick