PDA

View Full Version : 3g2 files

Baby Momma
December 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Help! I need to get this movie done to give as a Christmas gift!

I keep getting the codec error message when trying to import a 3g2 file. I have PSE and it am pulling from the organizer. It will play fine with quicktime but cannot get it to add to my timeline in PRE. I tried used Gspot and it tells me the status was unknown. I have also tried using VirtualDub and WindowsMovie Maker to convert the file but they don't recognize the file type either.

Thanks for any help!!

ATR
December 23rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
BM

What version of Premiere Elements are you using? And from what cell phone is this video coming?

What does gspot give for video "Codec" and "Name".

Have you tried importing the video from the hard drive save location into Premiere Elements via Premiere Elements Get Media/Files and Folders?

I will be watching for your details.

ATR
(what is going to be the fate of the cell phone video...DVD-VIDEO Standard or Widescreen or Other?)

Baby Momma
December 23rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Gspot returns
Name: MPEG-4 Video

I'm using Premiere 7 and I did try pulling in with Get Media from the hard disk but received the same message.

The cell phone was a Verizon issued Audiovox phone.

ATR
December 23rd, 2009, 02:47 PM
BM

Do you have the very latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer?

I have not had any issues with my LG cell phone video and Premiere Elements. I will take a look at your cell phone specs. What is the word for word message that Premiere Elements 7 is giving you when you try to import this 3g2 video?

QuickTime latest version is important, so, as soon as possible, please let me know the status of that.

We could always try to find one of the free 3g2 to DV AVI converters online, convert the video to DV AVI, and then bring the DV AVI version into Premiere Elements, but let us see if we can avoid having to do that.

To be continued....

ATR