PDA

View Full Version : PRE8 doesn't install on Windows 7

rocky298
December 22nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
When I try to install Premier Elements 8 the InstallShield puts up its first screen, I click Next, and then InstallShield says "Adobe Premier Elements 8.0 Not Installed - Either Adobe Premier Elements 8.0 is not installed on the system or has corrupted."

I suspect maybe the DVD is bad, since I was able to install Photoshop Elements 8 without problem.

Is there a workaround?

Oh yeah, installing to Windows 7 with plenty of disk space.

ATR
December 22nd, 2009, 10:23 PM
rocky298

Take a look at the following AdobeTech Note titled
"Troubleshoot Premiere Elements 8 installation problems (Windows)"

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/515/cpsid_51584.html

Let me know how that works out.

Adobe does offer free technical service for troubleshooting installation issues related to a purchased, registered, current version. You may want to take advantage of that as soon as possible not to lose out on any of your rights in that regard.

However, that AdobeTech Note may provide the information that you need to get Premiere Elements 8 installed successfully. Looking ahead for when the program is installed, first thing, turn OFF the Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features. More advice to follow as necessary.

I will be watching for your progress. Please let us know the outcome.

ATR

rocky298
December 23rd, 2009, 09:58 PM
Still can't install. Will call Technical Support tomorrow.

ATR
December 23rd, 2009, 10:07 PM
rocky298

Please let me know the outcome one way or the other.

If you have not done so already, organize all your computer and Premiere Elements 8 information so that you will be prepared for their questions.

They should be able to resolve the issue. But, if not, we can talk about this some more in greater detail.

Good luck.

ATR

rocky298
December 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Blame it on user error, with some help from Adobe. I bought the combination package of Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements. The package contained two DVDs. I installed PE8 two weeks ago because I had an immediate need for image editing. Later I tried to install PRE8 but I assumed it installed from the second DVD. The second DVD only has PRE templates on it so it refused to install since PRE8 was not installed. If you look carefully at the two DVDs there is just one word that's different between their labels.

So after getting through to technical support (this took 3 tries) I realized that I had to start with the first DVD. Problem resolved and boy am I embaressed.

ATR
December 24th, 2009, 11:33 AM
rocky298

I have purchased the bundled Photoshop Elements 6/4 and 7/7 and, in that case, there was one disc from which to install either of the programs or both. For some reason, Adobe did it differently for Photoshop Elements 8 bundled with Premiere Elements 8, namely, the two DVD discs, one for installation of either or both programs and another for the "Extra Content" DVD Templates.

I am sure that others have and will run into the same problem as yours, picking the incorrect disc to install from. So, extra thanks for sharing the outcome which will be a big help to others in a similar situation.

When you get a chance please update us on your progress. Do not forget about turning of the Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features, at least until you get the program up and running.

I am looking forward to learning of your progress.

ATR