PDA

View Full Version : Stop Motion and Timelapse

SKATEFILMER7
December 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hi again!!

So, when I tried to do a stop motion with premier elements 7.0, all that happened was that the screen froze, and that was that- i had to turn my computor off after about 10 minutes of trieng to un-freeze!

I know my webcam is suitable for Stop-mo because i have downloaded a stopmotion softwhare ( I would prefer to use APE 7 becuase i can save it to most formats etc...

So merry Xmas to you all!! and im sure youll be able to help me out with this ( u always do:D)

ATR
December 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
SKATEFILMER7

I will be back later, but, for now,

Have you read all the details on “Capture Stop-Motion and Time-Lapse Video” in the Premiere Elements 7 PDF Help to confirm that you are not missing any steps?
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/7.0/WS07E90062-585C-4060-8827-08FCCD4AFA6D.html

To be continued....

ATR

SKATEFILMER7
December 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yes I did read those but they werent much help to me as i allready knew pretty much everything about it. Also, when it doesnt freeze up and i try to wacth back a stop miotion i have supposedly done, all i can see is blackness.

ATR
December 21st, 2009, 02:01 PM
SKATEFILMER7

Now that I know that you have been there and done that with regard to that Premiere Elements 7 information from Premiere Elements 7, I will go deeper into this and get back to you.

Do not give up.

ATR

ATR
December 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
SKATEFILMER7

What exactly is your current workflow...USB web cam and capturing into Premiere Elements 7 with the Get Media/Webcam or WDM Device OR importing photo series into Premiere Elements 7 (Get Media/Files and Folders) with a very low pre-set slide duration, maybe equal to 1 frame (Edit Menu/Preferences/General "Still Image Default Duration")??

How many photo grabs do you have in the series when you are watching the playback and just have blackness?

If webcam, what is the format of the raw footage? If you give the brand and model, I will check it out.

ATR

SKATEFILMER7
December 24th, 2009, 03:56 AM
My Webcam is a Microsoft Lifecam VX-6000 #5 (USB Devise- Thats what I use)
The way I try to import is to get media from WMD devise and then grab photos.

I grab about 50 photos- about 2 secounds worth.

And im not sure what the raw footage is, but the name and make of my webcam are in the first paragraph.

Thank you for the uplifting talk in the earlier reply :)

SKATEFILMER7

SKATEFILMER7
December 24th, 2009, 04:14 AM
You mentioned earlier the "Still Image Default Duration".
That has really helped with my stop mo because now I don't have to use my rubbish old web cam and can use my DLR for the stop motion by making the Photographs last only 1 frame.Problem sorted! But still, it would be nice to know why the capture stop motion mode for WMD was not working. But thank you so much!! I am so happy that this problem is solved!!
Merry Xmas
SKATEFILMER7

ATR
December 24th, 2009, 08:25 AM
SKATEFILMER7

Thanks for the great news that you got your Stop Motion project done without the problematic webcam.

I will continue to see what I can find to explain why you encountered the problems that you did with the webcam approach to Stop Motion.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

ATR