PDA

View Full Version : Copying filmstrips in timeline - possible?

tomskie010
December 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM
hey all

i use adobe premiere elements 4.0

I like to make war scenes with lots of stock footage that i insert into my film.

The problem is i have hundreds of muzzle flashes and explosions i need to insert. the muzzle flashes i use are in one file, but theres hundreds of them so for a single muzzle flash i have to individually cut the file every time i need a muzzle flash. (wow confusing i kno...sorry :mad:) is there anyway i can copy a filmstrip from my timeline paste it somehwere and use it over and over again so i dont have to keep cutting my muzzle flashes file everytime i need a muzleflash?

Wendy
December 8th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Hi ...

.. and welcome to the Village :)

I will transfer your thread over into the Premiere Elements section as I think you will get more replies if it is in there.

Wendy

ATR
December 8th, 2009, 07:30 AM
tomskie010

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51325&highlight=Clipmate

Have you read the above thread from this forum re: copying Timeline between Premiere Elements projects?

Also, have you considered importing one of your videos into Premiere Elements 4, trimming the video into clips there, and then exporting the split clips as DV AVI (File Menu/Export/Movie) with or without the WorkArea Bar technique? Then you would have your split clip saved as DV AVI to the hard drive, ready for use in another Premiere Elements 4 project .prel when needed.

Please check out the above and let us know if any of it works for you.

ATR

ATR
December 15th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Tomskie010

I have been going through the threads in the Premiere Elements forum to search of dangling threads.

In that regard, I was wondering how you were progressing with your projects.

If you need clarification about anything that I wrote previously do not hesitate to ask.

Looking forward to your follow up when you have the time.

ATR