PDA

View Full Version : Varying Audio Levels - Premiere Elements 8

aestes
December 4th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I use Premiere Elements to edit our school news show. Each video clip contains audio that is at a different volume. Is there any way to normalize the audio level across the whole timeline? Right now I am changing the audio gain on each clip. I want the complete video to play so that people who watch the video don't have to adjust their volume every minute. Thanks in advance

ATR
December 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
aestes

Have you seen the write in the Premiere Elements 8 Help PDF on Adjust Input Level of Clip, with instructions for consecutive and non consecutive clips

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremiereElements/8.0/Win/Using/WSDEBDF045-54D0-4199-839D-C74CD2CB0595.html

Please let me know if that helped.

ATR

Chuck Engels
December 4th, 2009, 03:35 PM
There is also a Normalize effect in the group of audio effects that works very well.

ATR
December 4th, 2009, 03:49 PM
aestes

As you have probably read by now, there is a Normalize Button to be used in the Audio Gain option (how tos and instructions and details) in the link that already has been provided.

Since your interest is in Normalizing the audio across several audio clips all at one time, I started with the Normalize in Audio Gain since that was described for consecutive and non consecutive clips.

To be continued.

ATR

aestes
December 4th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. I was working with each individual clip instead of selecting all of them.

ATR
December 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
aestes

Thanks for the reply.

The feature looked good in the PDF writeup, but did you get a chance to try it out to see how it worked for your clips?

I have another idea if that should not do the job.

ATR