PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody!

Warpspasm
December 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
I've been an Elements 5 user for some time, but never really got into the meat of the program. I pretty much figured out, on my own, how to touch up my shots. My intention was to learn more about the program, but never really seemed to get around to it. I jumped on the recent deal by Adobe to get PSE8 for $59 and I'm finally going to learn the ins and outs of Elements. I even went so far as to get a 2 year subscription to Elements Techniques. I figured that would "force" me to finally get off my tail and learn more, or face my own shame of throwing away money for something I didn't use. (kinda like the exercise bike, but we won't get into that).

I shoot a lot of RAW with my Sony A300 and generally use Lightroom 2 to process the shots and many times export them to jpg. But, I also shoot jpg and like fooling around with layers and such. I'm really looking forward to working with you all and learning PSE8.

Tina_B
December 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the Village. I am glad that you have decided to larn how to use your elements software. The Newsletter is so much fun and you will enjoy all the tutorials and videos too.
Tina B

Diana
December 3rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Welcome to Elements Village... you're on the road to success by becoming a subscriber. You now have access to the best material and tools around for learning Photoshop Elements. Let us know if you need any help with anything.

Diana

Warpspasm
December 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I read the free trial issue of the magazine and think it looks fantastic. I can't wait to check out some of the tutorials and videos. Having some problems with the videos. It looks like I need to uninstall QuickTime and use a third party alternative to get it to work. Something about the latest version of Quicktime have a problem with PET videos.

vawitt
December 3rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Welcome to our playground! If you get a chance to come up for air after overdosing on videos, hope over to the Challenges and Contests board and play some of our weekly (learning) games. More fun to be had!