PDA

View Full Version : where do I add extra fonts?

charlotteinkennesaw
November 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know the path that i take after I have downloaded some new fonts for PSE7? I found them on www.angelfont.com (http://www.angelfont.com) and they are really nice. I downloaded them and put them on my desktop. I tried putting them in presets>scripts but I dont' think that is right.

Charlotte:confused:

dyale
November 23rd, 2009, 11:56 AM
You should save to your "download file" the file will be zipped. Then go to the download file and find the zipped file, unzip. When unzipped and opened right click the font a drop down will open and click on install. This is all assuming you are using vista.
Dean

Wendy
November 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hi Charlotte ...

Elements just uses the fonts you have installed on your computer so they don't actually install into Elements.

Of you are not using Vista then just let us know :)

Wendy

charlotteinkennesaw
November 23rd, 2009, 01:01 PM
No, I operate with Windows XP.

Diana
November 23rd, 2009, 01:15 PM
Charlotte, if it's a font you won't be using all the time, you don't need to install it - you can use it without installing it. Just double click on the unzipped font file to open it's window. Then restart Elements and as long as the font is open, you should find it in the font drop-down menu in Elements.

Diana

Tina_B
November 23rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
you need to just unzip the files you download and put them in the fonts folder and they will be available for any program you are running that uses fonts. I think on XP the fonts folder is found in the control panel.
Tina B

charlotteinkennesaw
November 23rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks to you all. I went to the control panel and found fonts but wasn't sure exactly how to get the unzipped folder there. I took a chance and clicked on the new font's icon and dragged it over to the fonts ( in alphabetical order) and it stayed. Yea! Now we will see if I can find it when i open PSE7.:D

Tina_B
November 23rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
You can drag then over there or do a copy and paste them in either way works. They will just show up in you list of fonts in elements.
You will become a fontaholic like the rest of us.:)
Tina B

charlotteinkennesaw
November 24th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Tina,
Thanks, I am already a fontaholic!:)