PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out - seeking info

idiotof64
November 11th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Greetings All,

I just started my own youth sports photography photo business and I had no idea that requests for photos and desigber sports posters would be in such demand. I am looking for anyone who has any advice on what to use as far as a special photo program that will allow me to design my own posters without paying an arm/leg on the outside.

In addition, I understand that the price for Photoshp Elements and other programs is too expensive and I just do not have that kind of money right now to purchase.

Can anyone assist me with information? Thank you all in advance.

frank abramonte
November 11th, 2009, 10:20 AM
idiotof64, a search of sports posters should trigger your mind on creating some nice posters, which can be used over and over again by just changing colors.
Plus there is an abundance of help from contributors here.
PSE is about $90.00 (usually has available discounts) and worth it's weight in gold as to the type of work you wish to do, and amount of time it saves.
Most important don't promise something that's beyond your abilities.

clemsonjim
November 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
You won't find a better bargain and it can do all the things being requested of you. Like Frank said, 'Don't promise more than you can deliver!'
There is a learning curve for designing and you won't be able to just put your photo into a template without some manipulation and adjustments most likely.
Maybe you could ask around and find someone who knows Elements or Photoshop and they would be able to do the design work for you.
Some of the print services may have some templates for you to use until you get going with your own designs.
Good luck

Bill Guy
November 11th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Look into some of the major labs like Mpix, Burrell Colour, and the like. They all have departments with pre built templates that you just give them the info on the team and upload your images to. You then just worry about getting great images of the kids and later can worry about making your creations.