PDA

View Full Version : pse6--booooo

BillandCat
September 24th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Ok, they have finally announced pse 6 and lo and behold--- it wont work on Mac! Why? What do they have against Apple? They did open up pse4 for mac but not right away. Are they planning to make 6 for mac? As an old radio character used to say---"I'se regusted!" BillandCat

CalamityJanet
September 24th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Hi Bill,

I'm a Mac user too so I know how you feel! The good news is....it was mentioned in a different thread today that PSE6 will be available for Mac in early 2008, so we just have to be a little patient.

BillandCat
September 24th, 2007, 06:07 PM
May be that is better. By then we should know whether we should buy it or not. Right now, I m using pse4 for Mac and from all I can read on this forum, I do not wish for elem.5 now so it may be good to wait. I like the iphoto and am happy with "life 08 "the new software for photo organizing.Billandcat

RonH
September 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Like I said in my other post. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Carbone
September 24th, 2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200709/092407PSE6.html

Photoshop Elements for the Macintosh platform is expected in early 2008.

Near the end of the communiqué...

:D

Ray

graficalicus
September 24th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I dunno, guys -don't be too upset. I've been messing with it for a few hours now, and I gotta say

I hate the new interface
It's not easy to add extras (layer mask, for example)
the adjustments I was excited about when I heard about them haven't panned out

and a few other minor quirks. Jury is still out on this one, but first looks leave me completely underwhelmed.

troush
September 24th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Graffi,

Thanks for the review. I have Grant's tools for PSE 5.0, and a few of your "freebies/beta tests" that I think give me all I need.

-Trish

bnk1953
September 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I'm still sitting on elements 3 and it continues to work well for me. Didn't go to 4 - because I try to stay away from even number updates - no matter what program it is. Of course there was no "5" for elements. As far as not being available until after the 1st of the year - as in first part of 2008 (whatever that means - maybe sometime between the 1st and 6th months?) - other programs are the same way - see Office being put out by Microsquish - not til after the 1st of the year. I believe some are waiting for the new OS to come out in October and seeing what happens. As far as working on intel - (universal) - there is no reason that Adobe should not be able to make it universal - unless they truly have a hatred for Apple.
And now i get off my little soap box and go back into hiding.
~bruce ;)