PDA

View Full Version : My 12 year old daughter

hukari
September 21st, 2007, 03:48 PM
My twelve year old daughter Jennie has watched me playing with PSE many times and played around with it herself quite a bit. Tonight she asked me if she could make something by herself. She came after a half an hour or so with this project, the first she has really done with layers, brushes, blend modes, the whole caboodle. I helped her a bit with the torn edges and the crumpled paper overlay at the end, but the smearing, the blots and the bent corner were all her work. She got really excited when I asked her if she wanted to show it to the forum! So here it is, and I am sure she will be happy for every comment and suggestion! (I think she did a great job, but then, I'm her mom!:))

http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1kD9UW4wDZn02GEejuEJeyU1EzDVx_thumb.jpg (http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1kD9UW4wDZn02GEejuEJeyU1EzDVx)

Rusty
September 21st, 2007, 03:54 PM
Jennie has a good imagination, Reka,

I don't do that sort of thing so I wouldn't even begin to know where to start. It looks pretty darned accomplished to me. :)

Jennie - we want to see more of your work so, from time to time, ask your Mom to post something :)

Rusty

kevq
September 21st, 2007, 03:55 PM
Reka,
please tell Jennie, Well Done. For a youngster, she has shown a good grasp of Elements.
Looking forward to seeing more of her work.
Kev.

NedK
September 21st, 2007, 03:58 PM
Reka
I think your daughter did a great job. BTW, how do you like your Lumix FZ 7? I've had one for about a half year, and enjoy it a lot.

bama--gal
September 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM
Way to go, good job! Sorta reminds me of those love letters we use to write, the ones with the "check this box if you like me"......lol!

smiles
September 21st, 2007, 04:22 PM
Reka, tell Jennie she done well and we would like to see more!

JulieM
September 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Reka: I love it! Jennie's way ahead of me in technique and creativity! I look forward to seeing more of her work. Have to tell you that you've got me in hot water with my 12-year-old daughter. She has also begun delving into PSE and is now mad that I didn't post any of her creations...

winclk
September 21st, 2007, 05:01 PM
that is very nice. i wish i had her imagination.

msbrad
September 21st, 2007, 05:03 PM
Great going Jennie! .
Keep up the good work and let your imagination soar. I hope your mom lets
you do more.
m

Wendy
September 21st, 2007, 05:28 PM
Wow !! ...

... That is just excellent !! very well done :)

Wendy

GaryK
September 21st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Jennie

Great Job.

Reka

I guess she will be pushing you aside for her own "Elements" time.:)

Kathy
September 21st, 2007, 06:44 PM
Kids really put us older guys to shame don't they ......:)

Great job Jennie. Keep on creating !!!!!!

Kathy

ladybug
September 21st, 2007, 06:49 PM
jennie, you did a great job. I can see many layouts being made with this. The crumpled paper smeared ink and cup stain are really great. Keep making things to show us. Great imagination.

nkeevers
September 21st, 2007, 06:52 PM
Wow, great job for a beginner! Keep it up and you'll be a pro before you know it!

kimi_boo
September 21st, 2007, 07:05 PM
It's great Jennie!! :D

Get Mom to show us your next creation.

Jancy
September 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM
Great Job Jennie!!! Wish I new how to do that!
Jancy

GaryK
September 21st, 2007, 08:09 PM
Reka and Julie

Let them have a go at Grant's weekly challenge. I know my daughter only did a few but she liked it and really looked forward to seeing them posted on his site.:)

Kimi's weekly homework would also be another good one for them to play with.
Although Kimi does use the "H" word, it won't seem like it once they get started.:)

BOBGRUETTER
September 22nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
I'm Truely Impressed. I've Been A User (abuser) Of Pse 5 For About Six Months And I Still Haven't Gotten A Picture Edited And Printed . Once Again Really Good.

hukari
September 23rd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Thank you everybody!!!!!
I think I'll try to get some time to post some other pictures;I really love to work with PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS :):p:D

JENNIE:cool:

Bayla
September 23rd, 2007, 03:27 PM
Jennie,

Very impressive! My 12 yr old has also dabbled a bit with PSE, but nowhere near as imaginitive!

I have a question....how did you do the tea/coffee stain? Is it a brush or did you make it yourself?

Bayla

hukari
September 23rd, 2007, 05:20 PM
Bayla, they are some more of the wonderful brushes from Obsidian Dawn:

http://www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com/designs.htm (the last ones)

Bayla
September 23rd, 2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks Reka,

I've bookmarked them...am going away in the morning for a couple of weeks, so I'll download when I get back.

Bayla

Vesta
September 23rd, 2007, 07:37 PM
Jennie I am really impressed. it does look like a a scrapbook background.
We all want to see more.
Vesta

nkeevers
September 23rd, 2007, 08:48 PM
I've bookmarked them too! Thanks so much...can't wait to check them out!

hukari
September 24th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Reka
I think your daughter did a great job. BTW, how do you like your Lumix FZ 7? I've had one for about a half year, and enjoy it a lot.

Ned, I am not spoiled, since I had a Coolpix 4300 previously, though I loved my "analog" SLR (Pentax) but I love my FZ7. It is light, reasonably compact, and the macro, zoom and IS are wonderful. I researched quite a bit before buying it and am totally happy with my choice. I do a lot of hiking, and a dSLR would have been too cumbersome.