PDA

View Full Version : entering pixel size

jhariton
August 2nd, 2007, 07:59 AM
I have been trying to use some artistic effects and when I select something I get the message that I can't perform that function because no pixelsize is selected. I can't figure out how to enter a pixel size. It must be a simple thing to do but I stilldon't know how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

ATR
August 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
You can get Image Size information from Photoshop Elements Editor/Image Menu/Resize/Image Size. The Image Size dialog should show that information.

But, I do not understand where you are and what you are doing? What version of Photoshop Elements are you using? Where are these "Artistic Effects" coming from that you are trying to apply to a single image? A non-Adobe plugin or from within the Photoshop Elements version that you have?

ATR

kevq
August 2nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
JH,
Are you sure it says pixelsize and not just - no pixels selected,
If the latter it could be that you are not on the right layer.
One thing that could be causing you trouble is the Auto Select Layers box may be ticked, if it is, untick it.
Some people like this feature, others, me included detest it. If you are not aware of it, it can cause the problem you may be having.
Kev.

Codebreaker
August 2nd, 2007, 08:40 AM
If you're getting a message ' no pixels selected' it usually means that you are trying to performing a selection on a layer which is blank...i.e has no pixels. Look at the Layers Palette and make sure you have the correct layer selected.

What exactly were you doing and what was the exact wording of the error messge?

Colin

cats4jan
August 2nd, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'm going to have to go with the others here - I think you are seeing "no pixels selected"

Until I realized that I was on the wrong layer during the selection process - I used to get this message all the time.

jhariton
August 2nd, 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for allyour help:)

ATR
August 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
JHariton

In case anyone else has a similar problem and looks in at this thread, did your problem get resolved and how? Or, are you still troubleshooting or looking for solutions?

ATR

jhariton
August 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
It did say no pixels selected and I was in the wrong layer...so thanx everyone for your responses..my problem did get solved...