PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new gallery and first post

lisabee
July 1st, 2007, 08:18 AM
Hello!

I just subscribed about a week ago, started my gallery and have really enjoyed browsing through the great photos in the other galleries, how inspiring!
However I just signed up on the forum and I have no idea if I am doing this correctly, particularly regarding getting the link to my gallery in the signature, I have tired to add the url to my gallery, but get invalid file message when I click save signature. Ultimately I would like the signature to be Lisa's Gallery, but I was trying to get this to work to start with, thanks for any help,

Lisa

lisabee
July 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM
ok, I may have worked it out - with the signature, I think I was adding it in the wrong place on the form, so apologies for talking to myself like this on my first post. :rolleyes:
Anyway the galleries are great and I'm really enjoying having a look at the tutorials and videos, just I don't have enough hours in the day :)

Lisa

kroberts
July 1st, 2007, 08:28 AM
Hi Lisa,

WELCOME to the forum! You won't regret joining us here, friendly people from all over the world and a great way to learn Elements!

I cannot find your gallery, did you click "make main" under one of your images?

These are Wendy's instructions for adding a gallery link to your signature:

Click on User CP at the top of the page then on Edit Signature and copy and paste this into it:

[333url=http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/gallery/viewgallery.php?user=xxxx] My Gallery[/url]

Where it says My Gallery type in what you want to show in your signature (or leave it as My Gallery)

Now remove the 333 and where it says xxxx type in your user number. Make sure that you don't add any extra spaces ..

To find your user number ... click on Access my Gallery then click on "Share my Gallery" and you see the user number there.

Ask questions if you get stuck, someone is almost always here to help!:)

kroberts
July 1st, 2007, 08:31 AM
Lisa,

Looks like we were typing at the same time! Your link works!

So glad you figured it out, great start to your gallery. Persia is a beautiful cat.:)

I look forward to seeing more of your work!:)

lisabee
July 1st, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hi Kim,
thanks for the welcome and the advice, yeah we must've been typing at the same time, and I've had so many tabs open on my screen that I'm getting lost as to which one I'm on. :o
Great photos in your gallery - wow!

Lisa

kroberts
July 1st, 2007, 08:42 AM
Lisa,

I always seem to have way too many tabs open, too! Thanks for the compliment on my gallery, I've learned so much from everyone here.

It's good to have another forum friend from the UK, there are many others. Hope everything is okay there, the news this weekend has been worrisome. Here (http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25389) is a thread Nancy started with stay safe wishes.

nkeevers
July 1st, 2007, 08:46 AM
Welcome Lisa! Great start to your Gallery! You will love it here! I've learned a lot from this forum...the people are awesome and very helpful! We have lots of videos, tutorials, you name it!

I have friends in England. They live in Kings Lynn,Norfolk.

kevq
July 1st, 2007, 08:48 AM
Lisa,
Welcome from another Brit, you'll love this forum.
Lovely gallery.
Kev.

lisabee
July 1st, 2007, 08:56 AM
Hi Norma,
thanks for the welcome. Yes, my first impressions are that this site is an amazing treasure trove of goodies, there is so much to learn and so many ideas to try, and so many creative people - wonderful.

Kim, thanks for the link, yes the UK seems to be getting it from all directions these last days, the weather has caused a lot of problems (luckily we are on higher ground, I'm in Shropshire) and then fortunately the car bombs in London were found before anything dreadful happened.

It's good that people can link up via the internet and share something positive,

Lisa

lisabee
July 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Hi Kev,
thanks for the welcome, your cats on your latest main gallery pic are so cute! I saw that earlier today when I was browsing, it's lovely. And what you say is so true about cats and dogs, I'm definitely a cat servant ;) or at least they are training me :)
Lisa

John L Gray
July 1st, 2007, 10:25 AM
Lisa,

Welcome to the forum. Great start on your gallery. The photo of the iris is excellent.

John:)

Wendy
July 1st, 2007, 11:04 AM
Hi Lisa ...

... and welcome to the forum :)

There are quite a few of us here for the UK now ..

Wendy

billz
July 1st, 2007, 11:38 AM
Lisa - Looks like your gallery is off to a great start! We'll look forward to seeing additions as they come along. Welcome aboard.

Bill

lisabee
July 1st, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hi John, Wendy and Bill,

thanks very much for the warm welcome. I am enjoying so much looking at all your photos, there are so many stunning pictures, a delight!

Lisa :)

SenorSlick
July 1st, 2007, 09:18 PM
Lisa, Welcome to the forum. You have gotten off to a great start with your Gallery. The Cat, and the Flower are particularly good. Plus you have already been welcomed by some of the very finest forum members. Look forward to your future postings and gallery additions. Harvey

Fernan
July 2nd, 2007, 09:07 AM
Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum. beautiful picture. My son has a cat too. Some day I will upload a picture to the gallery.

lisabee
July 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM
Hi Harvey,
thanks for the welcome and your kind words.
It is a real pleasure to be able to view everyone's creations :)

Lisa

lisabee
July 2nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Fernan,
thanks for the welcome. I love seeing people's pets so look forward to seeing yours,
Lisa

PJSmith
July 2nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Lisa,

Welcome to another cat lover "across the pond". I have a picture of my beautiful boy, Koko, in my gallery. I'm sure you will get a lot out of the forums and the tutorials. The video tutorials are my favorite.

Glad you are okay over there. To be honest, I don't keep up on the news like I should, so I was aware of the car bombs, but not about the flooding until I read another post by someone else from Great Britain. Sounds like a good time to be on high ground!

LOVE your picture of your feline friend. How handsome.

Again, welcome!

lisabee
July 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
Hi PJ,

thanks for the welcome and Koko is so handsome. Actually he caught my eye a few days ago when I was gallery browsing and had me saying, 'Oh isn't he lovely!' He has such an elegant air about him, he's great!

Yes, I am finding my way around the site and have looked at a couple of tutorials and videos. I have to take notes as I go, but I am really enjoying the learning experience. Then I play around with a photo of mine and of course don't take notes and then can't remember what I did to get to the result. So I also appreciate when a gallery image has a technique name or style tip with it, as yours do.

Nice to meet you,
Lisa
:)

Diana
July 2nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. Wow, you've only been a subscriber such a short time and already have your gallery up. And you have such a great start with beautiful photography and a variety of effects included. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Diana

selawela
July 3rd, 2007, 12:47 AM
Lisa: Beautiful pictures in your gallery, and welcome. I am new and learning just as you. I love to come here everyday and check out everyone's work, which is so inspiring. You are going to love it here!!!!!! I don't have a cat, but I think I will borrow one of my friend's kitty for a kitty photoshoot. Cats photograph beautifully, I have noticed.

Sela

lisabee
July 3rd, 2007, 03:42 AM
Hi Diana,
thanks for the welcome, it's lovely here, everyone has been so friendly and it's nice too to 'match' writers with their galleries. Scotchie is so cute and I love the artwork on the frame, but your little dog on the sofa has made me smile this morning :) he's adorable,

Lisa

lisabee
July 3rd, 2007, 03:49 AM
Hi Sela,

thanks for the welcome. Yes, I look at the galleries (at least) once a day, it's all really beautiful and inspiring.
Borrowing a cat sounds a cool idea, sometimes I have to click a lot of shots to get one right, my other cat (yet to appear in my gallery) often gets the 'perfect' expression as he hears the camera click.
Luke looks very photogenic though, he's lovely. My brother has a dog but she is so camera shy it's unbelievable and we don't know why, one look at me with a camera in my hand and she is hiding under the table or under the tree in their garden. So in the photos I do get her of her, she is usually looking the other way.

Lisa

westiemom
July 3rd, 2007, 04:23 PM
Hi Lisa,

You have a great start to your gallery, with some lovely photos and effects. You'll find that this is the nicest, friendliest forum. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of your photos.

Anita

lisabee
July 5th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Hi Anita,
thanks for the welcome. Lovely gallery - is the 5th photo along the top of Baltimore? Only I visited there some years ago and your picture reminded of there and then I see you are in Maryland, so I wondered. I have relatives in Maryland.

Lisa

westiemom
July 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi Lisa,
Yes, the 5th photo is Baltimore, as well as 4 other photos in my gallery. Baltimore's Inner Harbor is a great place to take photos. Thanks for the comments.

Anita

Edmund
July 5th, 2007, 09:52 PM
HI Lisa, welcome to the friendly forum of knowlege(PS ie). Great start on your gallery. Love green eye's Persia.
Eddie

lisabee
July 9th, 2007, 03:10 AM
thanks for the welcome Eddie, it's a wonderful place here and everyone is so friendly and generous with their expertise. You have some lovely scenic shots in your gallery, really nice,

latourtownson
July 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Lisa, your work is amazing. Keep up the good work. I to am new to Elements 5 and will start the Layers course online. Any helpful hints would be great.

Rusty
July 9th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Hi, Lisa, I managed to miss this thread until today so this is a late welcome to this group. You will have a lot of fun here.

You may be new to the Forum but your gallery makes it obvious that you are not new to photography. You have a lot to contribute to the rest of us.

I especially liked your presentation of the narrow boats.

Rusty

lisabee
July 10th, 2007, 03:53 AM
Hi Dave,
welcome to you too! :)
I just got PSE5 3 weeks ago (today) and then subscribed and joined the forum and I'm loving it. I'm sure you will find everyone really kind and generous with their skills and expertise and advice. The galleries themselves are totally inspiring.
Enjoy the layers training, I've been dipping into the tutorials but haven't tried the online training (I'm not sure my broadband connection is up to speed as it is quite low).
Look forward to seeing your gallery, and nice to meet you,

lisabee
July 10th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Hi Rusty,
thanks for the welcome, and yes I'm having a lot of fun! :)

Thanks too for your kind words (I am a beginner), very much enjoying the learning process, but not very up on the technical side of things.

The narrowboats photo I took last week on a kind of trip down memory lane drive round as I used to live just down the road from that canal bridge until I was 10 years old. Whereas the rest of the village has some changes, that part looks the same, and surprisingly so does the pub that we used to live next door to.

You have a lovely gallery, I particularly like the lion shots.

cheers,
Lisa