PDA

View Full Version : HP Director Software and IE 7

Jancy
February 26th, 2007, 04:32 PM
If anyone is still having problems with HP director Imaging software and the IE 7 update there is info for a fix at the site I am posting. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00802504&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Jancy

You may also take a look here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=oj-46104-1&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

kroberts
February 26th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Jancy,

Thank you so much for this information! I've had problems with the HP Director for awhile, but didn't connect it to IE7. That's what I love about this forum, my questions get answered many times before I even ask them!:) I fixed it, with YOUR help!:D

Jancy
February 26th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Your SO Welcome. Glad it helped you!!!
I am just so happy to have the software working properly again.:D :) :D
Jancy

chas3stix
February 26th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Jancy,
I posted a small script file about a month ago that takes care of this annoyance.
Chas

Jancy
February 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Hi Chas,
I remember that post but I didn't know how to do it so I just did alt and spacebar. But thanks to you - figuring out the problem with the software was due to IE7. Came across the patch today and installed it and it works fine.
Thanks
Jancy

Link126
February 27th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Firefox= a million times better than IE

getfirefox.com

PaulH
February 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Firefox= a million times better than IE

getfirefox.com

True - but you still need it for Windows updates. (I know there are work arounds, but most users find it too complicated)

On another note - I find PSE MUCH better than HP's director to scan with. Never used it that way, but needed to bring something into PSE, it was running so I tried it. Now that's my default way to scan - even when doing OCR.

chas3stix
February 27th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Paul,
You are right on the money! PSE does a better job of scanning than HP Director.
Only way to go.....:)
Chas