PDA

View Full Version : Organizer : Out of Memory?

druhl
February 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
I'm having problems when opening the Elements Photo Browser. Yesterday while uploading some photos from a card reader the Organizer failed to load. Normally I insert a card to the card reader, the photo uploader opens and then the Organizer. The uploader opened normally and everything seemed fine. The Organizer never did open. When I checked it was no longer responding. I managed to close it and checked to see if the images were stored in the directory I created (they were not). I opened the Elements Editor and tried opening the Photo Browser from there without success.

I ran my arsenal of diagnostics (Norton Utilities & Registry Mechaninc) and repaired the typical problems. After rebooting I again opened the Editor and attempted to open the Photo Browser. I deliberately left the room with the idea of letting the computer work at it's own speed (ie. not clicking on things every couple of minutes in an attempt to 'hurry' the program up). When I came back about a half hour later there was Windows message informing me I was out of memory!

I haven't added any new software or made any changes in my set up. I did update my plugins to include the newest raw files.

Anyone experienced this kind of problem before or have any ideas?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Donn

Ward Grant
February 26th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Donn
I'm not sure about the Out Of Memory message, but you can try this-hold down the Control key while opening Organizer. It should give you a popup asking if you want to Recover the database. Answer yes and hopefully the catalog will open.

Barb O
February 26th, 2007, 08:08 PM
I'm having problems when opening the Elements Photo Browser.
I haven't added any new software or made any changes in my set up. I did update my plugins to include the newest raw files.

Anyone experienced this kind of problem before or have any ideas?

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Donn

Please post
which version of Photoshop Elements and what level of Windows?

druhl
February 27th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Barb, I'm using PSE3 and Windows XP.

I've tried holding the control key Grant but I still couldn't get the Organizer to open.

At this point I'm considering un-installing and re-installing Elements. I don't really use the Organizer aside from preparing photos for email. I realize I'll lose the groupls and tags I've created but I've never gone back to those for any reason.

Are there consequences to un-installing / re-installing I haven't thought of?

Donn

SmithDRay
November 10th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Druhl,

I have the same problem. I have already uninstalled PSE3 and reinstalled. Same problem! Sorry, I am no help...but am watching your thread hoping someone will step up who has solved the problem.:rolleyes: