PDA

View Full Version : Having Some Problems

PoeticMe
February 26th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Good Day,

I had asked a few days ago how to place some soldiers on a flag against a black background. I have been trying for two days now and feel like an idiot. I get the flag and the soldiers but I just cannot get that black background going. First I open my files and get the flag and make a new layer for a background and that's where the problems set in. I just don't know how to get the gray background black. I switch the foreground colors and still it doesn't work. I do get a black background but it is the same size as the flag and is hidden behind the flag. God, I'm getting a bit frustrated and feel silly. I even got the flag on top of the soldiers fading. But that's not what I wanted. I want a black background a flag fading and soldiers against that. Anyone understand my thoughts here. Carol tried to help, and I thought I had it...BUT NOPE. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. Cat:(

Pauline
February 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Cat why don't you start off your new file with a black background. Decide what size you need and open it and fill it with black?
Then add your elements on top of that.

CarolLHB
February 26th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Cat-that's great advice from Pauline-give it a shot and get back to us-we're here to help. Don't give up!!;)

PoeticMe
February 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Thank you Carol and Pauline. I just had to experiment and get it right. I've been wanting to do this for the longest time, and just kept getting a bit frustated. But, I now know how to do something different, and I'm going to keep on going :D . Thank you both!!! I'm so glad I joined this group, it's truly worth it. You've been helpful and friendly, makes me feel comfortable. Have a great week, and take care. Cat:)

CarolLHB
February 26th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Great news, Cat-I hope you'll post the finished masterpiece!:)

GaryK
February 26th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Cat

I know we all like to work things out for ourselves, but if you get really stuck just ask. Everybody is more than willing to help and why get all frustrated when the answer is just a few keystrokes away.:)