PDA

View Full Version : Where do Downloaded Brushes Go?

PoeticMe
February 24th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Hiya,

Ok, I just downloaded the Anchor brush and the Snowflakes brush. I now have their files in my Documents (unzipped). In what folder do I place them in Adobe? How do I get to that folder so that I may use them. Can u tell I'm a newbie here? I want to experiment, and go with it. Thanks all. Take care and have a good one. Cat :confused:

Link126
February 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
You move the .abr files to (on a Windows machine) C:\Program Files\Adobe\Version of Photoshop\Presets\Brushes. Hope that helps.

GaryK
February 24th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Once you get them where Link suggested you will have to restart Elements.
When that is done, they should just show up like all you other brushes.:)

PoeticMe
February 24th, 2007, 06:16 PM
:D Thanks Link and Gary,

Both of you helped me out. My two new brushes are now at home, and I must say they, and I are doing just fine.:) This forum is fantastic, I hope to learn a lot here. I also hope I can help others someday too. Thanks Link and Gary. Have a great one!

Link126
February 24th, 2007, 06:20 PM
No problem:D , hope you like it here:) .

Wendy
February 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Hi ...

Do hope that you enjoy the brushes :)

If you go back to the downloads section and then scroll right down to the bottom you will find some Fairy brushes too ... for some reason they haven't an icon at the top of the page :)

Wendy

GaryK
February 24th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Wendy

I was wondering about those..but I couldn't rmember if they were brushes or shapes.
Thinking back I should have remembered they were brushes...they were easier to use than shapes.:D :D