PDA

View Full Version : Just My Luck

rtronick
February 23rd, 2007, 11:10 PM
Got a Canon XTi the other day and planned on a long weekend of picture taking. Mother Nature had other ideas! 12-16" of snow/20-30 mph winds thru Sunday night. One thing for sure....It will be a Looooong weekend!

Randy T

AngelicKim
February 23rd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Randy, keep it on your side of the lake. Don't want any more of that on this side. Change of a mix of it here on Sunday. Keep it there please.:D

epaul6
February 23rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
What's snow?

virgo1
February 24th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Randy,
We were supposed to go to from Madison to Sheboygan and back to Madison today. We called the family and put plans on hold.
Kim,
I'd love to be back in Ironwood right now. Got back to Madison on the 19th after spending 3 weeks there. I love da UP.:D
Eva;)

AngelicKim
February 24th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Eva, I still plan to finally make it to the UP this year. I have seen to many beautiful photos and heard to many people say how beautiful it is up there. I am going to wait though til the snow melts and it it warms up.:D

I just watched our weather report and it looks like most of the freezing rain will be south of us but they still said we could possibly get 6 inches of snow by Sunday night. It isn't suppose to come through til late evening and over night.

virgo1
February 24th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Kim,
We got more than 6 inches last night and a blizzard warning is in effect for all of southern WI tonight. 18 inches is forcasted with it tapering off tomorrow. This storm is supposed to turn in to a nor'easter when it reaches Lake Michigan tonight and Milwaukee will get hammered. There could be a lot of lake effect snow but it will warm up just enough to melt again.
Eva;)

Cmcburnett
February 24th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I had to double check to make sure this wasn't an old thread. It's was in the high 60's here today and on Friday it was 70 and sunny. We didnt' get any snow in Metro Atlanta this year:( I would have like to seen at least an inch this year.

rtronick
February 24th, 2007, 08:10 PM
12" here last night with 20-30 MPH winds. Another 12-14" expected tonight into tomorrow afternoon. Blizzard warnings thru tomorrow night. Check out this picture I took this morning.

http://rtronick.smugmug.com/photos/131846313-L.jpg

Randy T

AngelicKim
February 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM
BURRRRRRRRRR, I am tired of snow and the cold and this freezing wind that cuts right through your clothes. Just got off work and thought I was going to blow away trying to get to my car. The snow hasn't started yet but its on its way. Glad we are only expecting 6 inches after what you all have gotten on the other side of Lake Michigan.

Rusty
February 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I'm right in there with Eva and Randy. My driveway, after blowing, showed 12" on one side and 8" on the other.

My wife is in the hospital right now and her nurse told me a doctor (amateur meteorologist) says the night-shift that gets off at 7:00AM tomorrow ain't going to go home and the day-shift, supposed to start at 7:00AM, ain't going to get in :) :)

I am seeing the same weather forecasts as Eva and Randy -- don't know what the dawn will bring. I am only 2 miles from the hospital so I'll walk it if I have to. :D

Rusty

NMarti
February 24th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Rusty - you are so sweet. We had a snow like that when my daughter was born and my hubby walked to the store to get formula because we couldn't get the car out. I don't envy you guys at all. We had about 1 1/2 of rain today and I shudder to think if that had been snow.

apasskey
February 24th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Oh gosh, you guys - Come on down to sunny Phoenix. We stood outside in shirtsleeves for 4 hours selling Girl Scout Cookies today - It was 65 and sunny skies. Everytime I hear about those cold , colder, coldest days everywhere else, I remember how it feels to have your nostrils freeze shut. I haven't felt that in a while. I have to admit , I miss the snow a bit!! I used to be a ski bum in Aspen in my youth and the crisp air ( and ground) was wonderfully beautiful. Andie

virgo1
February 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM
We got it good last night and it is still coming down but without the high winds. The only sounds heard outside right now are snowblowers. I need to go get dressed so I can take a few pics of the Honda before it's dug out.:D
Eva;)

rtronick
February 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM
We didn't get as much as expected..probably another 5" or so. But it's a wet/heavy snow and has drifted 12-14" in places. I hear we could get another 4-6" this afternoon into tomorrow morning. I hope their wrong! Living in a mobile home park, I'm running out places to put all this snow.

Randy T

virgo1
February 25th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Randy,
We about 12 inched of heavy wet stuff and it's still coming down. The Honda's not totally buried...yet.
Eva;)

http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1tEGNhvOcbZVZlMCQIkzD9V1zha7KE_thumb.jpg (http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1tEGNhvOcbZVZlMCQIkzD9V1zha7KE)

bnk1953
February 25th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Just because there is lots of snow - doesn't mean you can't get out to shoot some photos! - Here in Southern MN - 1/4 to 1/2 inch of freezing rain/ ice yesterday AM and then 14 inches of snow on top of that. Going out for some closeups of the ice on branches, etc. and of course the snow. Just have to remember to correct the white balance, etc - for the "whiteness" of the snow.
~bruce.

Rusty
February 25th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Well...... the Milwaukee weather guys were right, we really did get it.

I woke up about 6:00, looked out the window and saw bare streets; now I'm thinking, "it was a non event" The bare streets speak only to the efficiency of City of Brookfield plow operators :)

This is what greeted me when I put the garage door up :eek:

http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1VzlENLEQcojEEBYqKa2o05eHyvTb0_thumb.jpg (http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1VzlENLEQcojEEBYqKa2o05eHyvTb0)

It was wet and heavy -- took almost 2 hours to do the driveway as I had to pause frequently to unclog the discharge chute.

Rusty

AngelicKim
February 25th, 2007, 05:49 PM
So far we haven't got what was expected. Only about 1/2 and inch over night. When I left for work at 12:45 it was staying to sleet. When I got off at 5 there was wet heavy snow but only about another inch so far. But the day isn't over yet. The winds aren't as bad as they first said either.