PDA

View Full Version : Slide Show Problem

lroche
February 21st, 2007, 08:51 PM
Yesterday,in elements 5, I loaded @70pics into a slide show creation and saved to the browser. All looked OK. Tonight, I added 10 more pics, and some music and then finished the show to a CD. All of the 70 pics entered yesterday went black except for the text. The music was still OK. The recently entered 10 pics are Ok. what happened? What a waste of time! Is it me?
Thanks,
Larry from Buffalo

Barb O
February 21st, 2007, 09:05 PM
One theory ...

The slide show creation does not have a copy of the photo file; instead it has a pointer to where that photo file is stored.

So if you used Windows Explorer to move the photo files to a different folder or if you renamed the photo files after they had been used in the slideshow creation - then I suspect that the next time you attempted to work with that slideshow creation, it will not be able to find the photo files.

And questions for further consideration in case the first theory does not provide the answer -

When you were choosing photo files for the slideshow creation, did you add photos from the Organizer or did you add photos from Folders?

If adding photos from the Organizer, did you select the photos first and then start the slideshow creation process?