PDA

View Full Version : TECHNICAL HELP...Please?

jdvalentino
February 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
I have 1gb of ram, and photoshop elements 5.0 requires at least 256K, and prefers 512K, so therefore you would think that I should have no problems.....NOT. I recently upgraded to Windows Vista, and d/l the patch for 5.0 to 5.02, which is the solution for elements.....my problem is I am thinking.....if Windows Vista needs at least 1gb of ram, and elements needs at least 256/512....do I need to get more ram memory? I have contacted Adobe but still haven't gotten a response....The issues with photoshop are as follows.....freezes up and then catches up :)......watching the working bar go across the screen when I am only applying gradients or somethingvery simple....it did not do that before Vista.....does anyone have any advise or have experienced somewhat similar problems?....help?

msbrad
February 21st, 2007, 12:12 PM
I'm not one for tech help:eek: BUT, there was a thread running yesterday regarding your situation that might help.
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19563&highlight=vista

My husband does a LOT in computers at a high tech end,
and he always suggests 2 g of ram.
We've not gone to Vista at home yet.
best of luck.
m

Punkinsmom
February 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Yep, experiencing some of the same problems. My solution, as soon as my hubby gets a new job, I'm buying a new computer. I'm tired of spending money to beef up a computer that is only 2 years old. I can't keep up with technology, or at least my purse can't.:)

sr.prim
February 21st, 2007, 01:43 PM
My PC also has 1 Gig of RAM & is running Vista. PE5 works flawlessly on it. Better than PE4 actually. It's faster and more smooth. How many processes do you have running in the background when you launch PE5? And if it lags on certain occasions and speeds up again, something might be running in the background that's eating up the memory sporadically that you might need to disable. So, when you open PE5, right-click on your taskbar and select "Task Manager" from the menu and monitor the programs you have running and how much of your CPU is being used. The process that's using up the most RAM could be causing PE5 to lag. That's what I would check first. Although, upgrading to 2 Gigs (or, better yet, maxing out your RAM) wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm thinking of doing that very thing!

Hope you can figure out a solution.