PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Easy Share

msbrad
February 18th, 2007, 12:59 PM
I have been asked to "create" a collage for a friend. The photos are on a Kodak easy share CD. Is there a way to get the pictures from it, without, loading there program??? I did that once, and had a devil of a time getting rid of it.
m

TonyW
February 18th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Might be completely wrong but I thought that the images you want from the CD would be jpg files. Have you looked through any folders on the CD to see if there are some recognizeable formats?

Tony

msbrad
February 18th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Not yet Tony, I just put the CD in and it starts automatically as a slide slow. Then there is a button on the left that says: Start kodak easy share software. (the part I do not want) Even if I stop the slide show and manually advance pictures I still cannot rt click and save as, for an individual photo.
I am certain, they are jpegs, just can't get them off!
m

scrapperjlc
February 18th, 2007, 01:23 PM
If you put the cd in the drive, can you just go to the cd drive, right-click and "Explore" it and find the folder that has the imges in it and copy them to your computer that way?

Jodi

msbrad
February 18th, 2007, 01:37 PM
YES, it worked that way!!!
Thank you so very much. Never knew there were folders on this thing, as I do not use kodak. I owe you both at least 1 beverage of choice:D
Problem solved, ...now to get creative!
m

GaryK
February 18th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Michelle

Somtimes files/photos are saved as a PCD (picture disk??). I think there was a thread a while ago about elements not being able to open PCDs.
If that is your case you may want to try irfanview (freeware and good). It tends to be able to open most file types..then save as a jpeg. It also has a pretty decent batch processing system as well.

GaryK
February 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM
oops

Guess we were typing at the same time..

Nevermind what I said..:D :D

Glad you got it.

baderms
February 18th, 2007, 02:46 PM
FYI - With Windows if you hold down the shift key when inserting a disk and hold it until the disc spools up, it prevents the autostart. :)

msbrad
February 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I sure appecitate these tips.
Thank you very much.
m

Cmcburnett
February 19th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Michelle, good luck w/your friend's pictures.

msbrad
February 19th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Thank you Charlotte, I have all the "pieces" that I am going to use.
the super rough is over in eclectic academy thread at the end.
I've not cleaned any of the little girl photos yet.not even the one with a runny nose.
I will post the finished when I get there.

I started another thread, as I cannot get the custom shape filmstrips to show up in v.5. So I made my film strip in 4.
I told Bill I was leaving it there for a good reason, and it looks like I found one.
m