PDA

View Full Version : i'm having a real problem with elements 2 burning dvd help!!!!

kenny@kennymckaigphotogra
February 15th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I have been using element's 2 for 6 months now and had really good results, i have cut 3 promo DVD's for local business so i'm fairly good at problem solving u ntil now.........aaaarrrghghgh

My previous work has gone without a hitch most DVD's have been around 10-15 mins, but now im trying to create a 45 DVD and it freezes when it gets to the burn stage.

my equipment sony vx2100e dv camcorder, tranferrerd by firewire cable using elements capture.
my pc is a 3.2 ghz 2gb ram, 512mb graphics no shared

To eliminate the problem, this is what i have done so far.

I have tried to burn the same project on my laptop and i get the same freezing after encoding when it should start burning, so its not the pc, i have deleted a chunk of the project leaving 6 mins there and it burns fine, i have gone through every transition, link, fade and made sure they are all connected.

can anyone give me any information on what i may be doing wrong, and quickly as im really against time here

thanks in advance

Kenny

mom to 4
February 15th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Kenny:

I have had that same problem. Someone told me to lower the burn speed and that seemed to help, although others have said that shouldn't make any difference.

by any chance do you have "nero" ? I just burned a 5 minute dvd for my daughter and boy that works like a charm, and I am currently having major computer issues and that program still worked. If you do, I have detailed instructions on burning your DVD through that.

But, you may want to give lowering your burn speed a shot....what have you got to lose?

kenny@kennymckaigphotogra
February 15th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Coleen thanks for your reply

I have nero express 6, but i cant write to folder either, but i can export to wmv the full 45 mins.

But i would like to find out whats causing this and correct it, im going away for 2 months filminga documentary for a church and im likely to come back with 250 hours of footage, i need to get away from this problem and have the confidence it's fixed.

I also do get that really annoying serious error and elements has to close.

The thing thats really doing my box in, is it take 1.5 hour to go though the rendering/ encoding, the to find it freezes when it goes to burn, so frustrating.

I thought maybe because the raw footage is on my freecom external drive, and im buring to an external freecom dvd writer, that could be the problem, but i hve since put the footage on the internal hard drive and tried to burn to internal dvd writer and still dosen't work

any more ideas :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mom to 4
February 15th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Ok, I think you may be able to do this through Nero. I am going to grab the thread.

I am no expert here, believe me. But, these directions are very simple and even I can do them. I believe that as long as you can save your video as a wmv you will be fine.

I will be right back!

mom to 4
February 15th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Here is the thread with the instructions in it. Simple, clear and concise. See if it will work for you.

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15635&page=3

It is post number 27 that you want to view.

EDIT: had to change that. post #27!!!!!!

mom to 4
February 15th, 2007, 09:16 AM
don't know if you have tried this, but I always:

1. disconnect from the internet
2. Disable my AVG (antivirus software)
3. Use End-it-all to kill all that junk running in the back of my computer. I LOVE END IT ALL!

BEFORE RENDERING. I have found that that really does make a difference .