PDA

View Full Version : Blending Images - 3 of them

nkeevers
February 13th, 2007, 04:31 PM
I'm trying to fade some background images together. I selected the 2nd one and pasted it on top of the background. Then put a new layer in between them. (as you can see from the photo below). Then grouped together and used the gradient to fade into each other.

My problem is if I copy another page in...where do I put the new layer and what do I group it to now? I hope I'm explaining this well enough so someone can understand.

http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1BbKM8bskfDRvXUvd2IRw2tQY5STJ60_thumb.jpg (http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1BbKM8bskfDRvXUvd2IRw2tQY5STJ60)

msbrad
February 13th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Wow Norma, That looks really good!!
I think what you do to add another, is to open the new image above, and start again.
m

TonyW
February 13th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Norma: That's about the time I put on another layer and apply Graffi's, Grant's or Richard Lynch's layer mask and put a new gradient on that. Corey does valiantly try to work around using add-ins but sometimes it's by far the easiest way :)

Tony

nkeevers
February 13th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Wow Norma, That looks really good!!
I think what you do to add another, is to open the new image above, and start again.
m

Michelle, I'm using the notes you gave me!:D I had trouble with Corey's mask for some reason. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out and see if I have any problems. Trying to do a page for my friend's trip to Italy last year.

msbrad
February 13th, 2007, 08:00 PM
OOOOH, can't wait to see more of Italy. I enjoyed our trip there so much several years ago.
(and that was before digital:( )
However ....the scrapbook of it is 92 pages!!!
m

nkeevers
February 14th, 2007, 07:18 AM
OOOOH, can't wait to see more of Italy. I enjoyed our trip there so much several years ago.
(and that was before digital:( )
However ....the scrapbook of it is 92 pages!!!
m

I hear ya! I can understand the 92 pages...my friends must have taken a zillion pictures! And with a brand new camera that they didn't get to use before they went. That was trial and error. There's so much to see and photograph over there. Too bad I don't like to fly!:eek: I'm using a few pictures they sent me to work one up. I looked all over for a travel scrapbook kit but couldn't find one for Italy. Paris, desert, etc., etc. but nothing for Italy.

msbrad
February 14th, 2007, 09:30 AM
The album I used is from Creative Memories, and is a tapestry.
I'll look around and see if I can locate a "somethng" from some
of my other spots.
m

msbrad
February 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Try
www.scrapyourtrip.com
(I'm a frequent shopper there too)

they have lots of stuff for Italy, and albums related to travel.
Another idea, if they want the album cover to specifically be Italy, is to get a plain one and cover it with a fabric or a tapestry.
m

nkeevers
February 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Are they downloads for digital or actual papers?

msbrad
February 14th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Oh, they are real. i wasn't thinking in digital.
m

nkeevers
February 14th, 2007, 11:47 AM
That's okay! I do know you do scrapbooking also not digitally so I just wanted to make sure.