PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 - Offer

cstern
February 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Special deal for Elements users
from Dave Cross Blog

If you're a registered owner of Photoshop Elements (in North America), you may have seen this special offer already, but just in case... You can upgrade to Photoshop CS2 for only $299, a BIG discount over the normal retail price. You must have a serial number, and then go here

To order by phone, call 1-800-833-6687 (6am 8pm PST Daily) and mention promo code 74109 and have your PSE serial number ready.

Here's the terms, copied from the site: Limit of one per household. Must own the Photoshop Elements that came bundled with your product in order to install this version of Photoshop CS2 software. Offer valid in the U.S. and Canada only. Offer expires on February 28th, 2007. Offer subject to change without notice.

Inspeqtor
February 8th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I got an offer in my email for the upgrade to CS2 since I am a registered user of Elements. I agree the $299 is an excellent offer, but I am just scratching the surface of Elements. There is no way I could use CS2 and know what in the world I was doing. So for that reason, plus I don't have an extra $299 laying around, I am going to pass up on the offer!

Rodger
February 9th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Okay. Sounds attractive. Advocates of Elements are fond of saying that there is nothing you can accomplish in CS that can't be accomplished in Elements, even if the approach differs. Is that true? Is CS all that much more flexible?

Rodger

montrealf
February 9th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know how much longer this offer wil be going on? I need to save up for this.

Littlefield
February 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Okay. Sounds attractive. Advocates of Elements are fond of saying that there is nothing you can accomplish in CS that can't be accomplished in Elements, even if the approach differs. Is that true? Is CS all that much more flexible?

Rodger

PSCS has the HDR tool for one thing.

Wendy
February 9th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Hi Rodger ...

Whilst you can find workaround for some things ... Photoshop has many things that it is not possible to emulate in Elements :)

... and lots of things have way much more flexibility too

Wendy

montrealf
February 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
What does the HDR tool do. Does anyone know how much longer the special will last?

PSCS has the HDR tool for one thing.

Wendy
February 9th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hi ...

I think it last until just before the end of the month ..

Here is some info on HDR ..

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/high-dynamic-range.htm

Wendy