PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking layers in Lesson 1

Soileauj
August 24th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I'm in my editor trying to duplicate lesson 1 but for some reason I can't unlcok either layer.

What I notice that instead of the selected layer being a dark grey mine is dark blue..

What am I doing wrong

kimi_boo
August 24th, 2006, 09:03 PM
his is grey and yours is blue. That is correct!! He has his preferences set differently.

Soileauj
August 24th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Ok I understand that. But why can't I unlock the layers. When I try to move the daisyes, it tells me the layer is locked

Caroleen
August 24th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Soileauj, I'm very new to this, too, but maybe you're trying to unlock the background layer. You have to duplicate your background layer and then you can unlock it. Make sense?

Soileauj
August 24th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys..I figured out that the images must be tiled or casaded..now my next task is figuring out how to get the white color using the eraser

Soileauj
August 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Figured it out..Thank you all for your help..

Soileauj
August 24th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Caroleen thanks. It is tough when you want to do something so bad..patience patience

Caroleen
August 24th, 2006, 09:41 PM
I know what you mean. I went on the internet and saw a few video tutorials and boy, I was so excited. I stayed up till midnight for about 4 nights in a row. There is so much to learn I believe it will take me years. Even after a week I feel a little more comfortable. The pictures in this gallery are so beautiful you can't help but to be inspired. Keep going and I'll keep going and we'll be able to post something soon. :D

Soileauj
August 25th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Caroleen, isn't it an anxious moment though. You know you have all these nice pictures just waiting to be worked with. I agree that the work that is posted in the galleries of people here is just incredible.

It'll be a bit for me but we'll get there I'm sure.

Wendy
August 25th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Joe ...

Give it couple of months and you will be turning all sort of wonderful effects on your images :)

Wendy